The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Enterprise Implementation group to help them provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: The Enterprise Implementations Project Manager role is a client implementation leadership role partnering with product managers, developers, client relationship managers, as well as client stakeholders, to define, manage, and implement high-quality and timely project deliveries which most effectively meet clients' business needs. Excellent communication skills across a variety of mediums are necessary to be successful in this role. This includes leading face-to-face meetings and conference calls with internal and external stakeholders, creating and managing project documentation, collaborating with internal product experts, and interacting directly with the Enterprise Solutions software development team. This position is based in Chicago.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the implementation phase; lead regular client calls/meetings and manage client expectations throughout the project
* Coordinate agreement of project scope between client and internal stakeholders; ensure that requirements are consistent with client business needs.
* Map client business requirements to Morningstar product capabilities; author Statement of Work or other client-facing project documents.
* Work with internal product owners, business analysts and delivery squads to clearly communicate client business requirements and time line expectations, monitor implementation progress, provide client and internal stakeholders with regular project status updates, and deliver high quality and timely implementations.
* Identify project risks, develops mitigation plans, and escalate potential impediments.
* Work with product management to incorporate client feedback into our core offerings
* Minimum three years of experience in a client service, business analyst, or project management role.
* Strong industry and data knowledge is required.
* Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and negotiation skills.
* Strong influencing skills to drive outcomes within teams that do not report to you.
* Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent computer skills; comfortable with technology.
* Some knowledge of general software and data architectural principles is preferred.
* A proven record of delivering projects efficiently and effectively is a plus
* A bachelor’s degree is required.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity