What We Do
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
What You'll Do:
As Project Manager on the Implementation team, you will be responsible for ensuring cohesive, thoughtful progress across internal and external work streams for specific projects. This requires a deep understanding of relationship dynamics, strong process adherence, and proven expertise in project management. The Project Manager is responsible for engaging with a wide variety of teams to ensure successful delivery and execution of contractual obligations. Day-to-day responsibilities vary greatly, ranging from coordinating meetings between Uptake functional areas and stakeholders to providing project updates and planning, ultimately being accountable to our customers and leadership for project success. This individual is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively. Ultimately, this person is a self-driven professional who can lead in a coordinated way to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver successful results.
- Create, update and manage project plans to ensure project success
- Lead the working team responsible to achieve project objectives
- Drive progress to project deadlines and milestones
- Maintain project alignment to produce deliverables and meet objectives
- Build relationships with project work stream owners to plan and measure delivery of project goals
- Clearly understand the customer goals and have the ability to navigate and mediate issues to successful resolution
- Able to translate business and technical requirements to various stakeholders
- Manage project risks and issues, escalate blockers as required
- Ensure seamless operations, identifying internal and external blockers and working with relevant groups to remove those blockers
- Identify and manage projects risks and address them before they become blockers
- Own escalation updates to Customer Success Managers and the Commercial team, appropriately sharing and discussing urgent and important issues as they arise
- Define and maintain stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate between Uptake’s functional team leads with Customer Success Manager, customer stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects
- Effectively work with Uptake technical teams, including engineers and data scientists, to understand Uptake products and technology
- Coordinate with work stream owners to ensure needs and expectations are communicated appropriately to other Uptake teams and customer
- Responsible for the successful completion of all milestones
- Provide project updates via creation of communications materials, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for managing all assigned project KPIs and measurement of those targets and KPIs
- Onboard assets
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop prioritized plans for asset onboarding
- Validate incoming data for data science and product/solution consumption
- 5 plus years of experience managing complicated technical projects with several work streams, ideally in a product, implementation or other customer-focused role
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships and projects, mediating disputes and negotiating resolution to problems
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Experience in a SaaS or enterprise software environment
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of current software development and project management techniques and tools such as Jira
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be hands-on and flexible
- Demonstrated planning, leading and execution of project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
- Experience working with fortune 100 industrial companies
- Certification in project management or agile
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.