Project Manager at Bounteous (Chicago, IL)
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at Bounteous, it’s to add to our interpersonal dynamics and choose the right person to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams.
Bounteous boasts a long-standing track record of ideating, innovating, and implementing award-winning solutions and driving best-in-class results. Our success starts with hiring the right people, in the right roles, at the right time to strategize, analyze, design, engineer, and market for some of the world’s biggest brands.
Currently, Bounteous is searching for a Project Manager to add to our fast-growing team. Successful candidates have a demonstrated history and the wherewithal to truly partner with clients, leading all phases of the software development lifecycle including vision and scope definition, creative and user experience design, requirements specification and prioritization, iterative development, manual and automated testing, handoff, and delivery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver on-time, on-budget digital projects with a high degree of client and internal team member satisfaction
- Lead effective Agile ceremonies including stand-ups, retrospectives, grooming, and planning
- Manage project scope, timeline and budget, and producing deliverables, such as: return on investment analysis, project plans, critical path analysis, burn-downs, estimates to complete, status reports, root cause analysis reports, and others as needed per project and per client
- Facilitate efficient meetings including producing detailed agenda, facilitating discussions, and ensuring action items are identified and followed up on
- Act as a key client contact and ensure their expectations are met and results are delivered
- Work with the clients and product owners to ensure the realization of business goals in working solutions
- Develop domain expertise in client's business space to drive results
- Partner with Client Service Executives and Solution Directors to sell value-added services
- Work with the business development team to scope, size, and solution new opportunities
- Coach and mentor other team members and company members
- Build strong relationships with client and internal team members to deliver success
- Contribute to the internal development of Agile and project management processes, deliverables, and standards
- Continue expansion and development of new skills, techniques, and tools through continuous learning
- BS/BA in relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of project management experience of progressively increased responsibility with at least 1-2 years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience working as a consultant or in an agency as a project manager
- Exposure to a wide variety of management techniques including Scrum, XP, Lean, Agile, Waterfall, and/or PMI/PMBOK
- Worked with multiple teams simultaneously, consisting of 4 to 8 people
- Experience delivering large projects defined as 120 man weeks or more of work
- Worked in regulated environments such as financial services, pharmaceutical, healthcare and experience with policies such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and/or CAN-SPAM
- Experience in both Confluence / JIRA or equivalent tool for software development
- A strong digital DNA with experience in SEO, SEM, A/B and Multivariate testing, Conversion Optimization, Visual Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Mobile (Native and Web), Responsive Design, Adaptive Design
- Used software platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, Magento, Hybris, and/or Salesforce
- Used tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Tag Manager, and/or Adobe Target
- A basic understanding of web technologies including networking, hardware, software, and security
- Agile and PMI certifications are a plus
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.