The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the Autoniq Project Team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing small to medium, semi-complex enterprise-level projects consisting of one to two Agile team(s) and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to work with your management team to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the PM will be expected to use a level of knowledge and experience in using an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit small to medium, semi-complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Project Planning and Management – Coordinate with the Product Management team to conduct Backlog grooming sessions to ensure the right level of Epic and Stories and prepared for each sprint cycle to ensure the team has the right amount of work to be completed. Conduct daily standup sessions to ensure the sprint is on track and all impediments are removed.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Product Manager Support – Support the Product Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle process as well as strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing medium to large projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects is preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10~20 team members including Developers, Product Managers/Owners, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is a plus
- PMI-ACP, SAFe or other Agile Project Management Certifications
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view