Project Manager at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading projects from original concept through final implementation. Manages all aspects of a project including: project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, and cost. Partners with stakeholders to generate innovative ideas and approaches for communicating updates and processes improvements.
- Leads collaboration with stakeholders through project meetings and shared data repositories. Ensures project requirements, progress, and results are understood by the team.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards. Reviews project deliverables. Resolves issues to ensure project goals and requirement are met on time and within budget.
- Defines project scopes and objectives. Gathers project requirements. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Creates communication materials that provide timely, consistent, and accurate information. Educates and engages end-users.
- Evaluates processes and develops improvements to increase speed-to-market and employee effectiveness.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Information Security, Telecommunications, Business or related field
- 1+ years of experience
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT Project Management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience
- PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.