Project Manager at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It's been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always proving value to the customer. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You'll find a bit of everything here, and we're always looking to take on new endeavors.
As a project manager at PEAK6 Technologies, you’ll manage projects at all stages, from concept to development, testing and beyond. You must be comfortable both with beginning from scratch before much definition of the project to jumping in midstream and taking the helm to drive efficiency and productivity. PEAK6 Technologies Project Managers must be agile, both in methodology and thinking, able to manage all sorts of projects across multiple technologies.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, we currently manage our projects in JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Excel. It is essential that you have a tenacious, can do attitude where you’re willing and able to “connect the dots” and help lead the team to success.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- An analytical mind, willing to continually dig deeper on everything put in front of you
- Excellent informal and formal written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- An ability to quantify business needs
- Able to quickly shift focus/priority and work on multiple projects at once
- Responds well to tight deadlines
- Able to change priorities quickly
- High attention to detail
- General knowledge of contracts/vendor agreements
- Good financial acumen – no need for an accounting degree, just a good sense of numbers
- Enjoys creating and implementing processes
- Thinks outside of the box