Project Supervisor Global Communications / Corporate Relations at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
This role reports to Manager, Alignment and Project Management.
- Assist with the creation of tactical plans to support cross-functional communications programs against McDonald’s three priority pillars – Food, People, Planet
- Track and maintain project timelines and budgets to ensure campaigns are launched on time and on budget
- Develop and maintain relationships with critical partners across Corporate Relations and McDonald’s global system in order to obtain alignment, resources and support for project success
- Assist leadership in setting key performance metrics and coordinate with internal and external partners to measure and report on progress
- Create, maintain and optimize project management tools to help progress complex projects and ensure consistency across Corporate Relations
- Support department alignment by contributing to share resources, including global calendars, budget requests, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in communications and/or project management at an agency or for a large corporation
- Validated ability to manage multi-channel communications campaigns and projects
- Experience setting measurable KPIs and tracking performance
- Experience using project management and monitoring tools like Smartsheet and Sprinklr
- Shown ability to influence and counsel senior-level executives
Ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong ability to think strategically
- Driven by intellectual curiosity
- Respectful and team-oriented
- Able to shepherd partners toward a common goal
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Thrive in fast-paced environments
- Flexible and fast paced
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.