What you will do:
The Azure Public Cloud Channel Development Manager is part of the Channel & Alliances Partnership Development team responsible for building relationships and exploring new, joint opportunities with Hyperscale Cloud Providers, Technology Partners, Advisors/Consultants, Systems Integrators, and Value-Added Resellers, to drive deals. This team interacts with our partners to generate leads and revenue for Ensono, and build ever-expanding, mutually beneficial relationships.
The Public Cloud Channel Development Manager is responsible for driving the development and expansion of Ensono's partnership with Microsoft to build a pipeline of Azure opportunities through go-to-market (GTM,) and co-sell motions. This Channel Development Manager will be responsible and accountable for business plan attainment, which will include goals and objectives for lead/opportunity/revenue generation, as well as building Ensono's brand and network of advocates within Microsoft.
Key activities include:
- Establish, maintain, and continuously build relationships with all relevant Microsoft field channel, sales, and vertical teams.
- Develop and manage lead pipeline through co-sell campaigns, go-to-market (GTM) strategy & initiatives, product integration, and IT transformation.
- Track and report all opportunities generated through Microsoft partnership in salesforce.com
- Qualify Microsoft partner leads collaboratively with Ensono sales team and coordinate initial meetings with Microsoft.
- Develop and execute strategy, plans, and plays to position Microsoft as a significant source of highly qualified leads for Ensono managed public cloud offerings.
- Develop and execute comprehensive communication plans and presentations to educate Microsoft contacts on Ensono's differentiating and unique capabilities and products.
- Map key Ensono executives to relevant Microsoft executives and lead cadence of meetings/touchpoints.
- Effectively communicate updates on Microsoft partnership initiatives and success to Ensono sales and leadership teams
- Prepare co-sell and GTM project plans and regularly provide status/updates to management and leadership.
- Provide feedback to relevant Ensono product, sales, and functional teams on Microsoft team perceptions and experiences with Ensono team and solutions, to ensure continuous alignment with cloud partner strategies, programs, and products.
- Lead and execute Partner briefings and workshops while coordinating investment in Partner services, products, and conferences.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team.
- Collaborate with Ensono Marketing team on the acquisition and effective use of Market Development Funds (MDF) and joint campaign opportunities.
- Work closely with the Ensono Alliance Program Manager, and Product team to leverage available Microsoft funding for the benefit of the Microsoft/ Ensono alliance and joint clients.
- Participate in field marketing events with field and channel individuals and teams at Microsoft.
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of related experience in Channel and Alliances, specific to Microsoft and Microsoft Azure a plus
- History of Partner development around account management, provider relations, sales, business development, or product management
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Preferable: direct experience working as a Channels and Alliance Manager in the managed services space or direct experience working at Microsoft.
- Relevant experience working in developing business relationships for joint go-to-market and co-sell success.
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of the IaaS, PaaS, and cloud-native application outsourcing industry.
- Strong organizational, project management, and written and oral communication and presentation skills are a must!
- Understanding of Microsoft partner organization and 2021 partner strategy
- Partner or client industry/vertical experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Public Sector, Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing or Retail
- Experience with public cloud providers and their channel programs.
- Mastery of legacy IT such as IBM mainframe and mid-range with linkage to modern platforms like public cloud
- Existing partner and client relationships that will drive robust interaction with the Channels & Alliances community
Travel to various partner sites estimated at 25%.