Quality Services Representative
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for carrying out continual improvement initiatives benefiting FTD Member Florists and ultimately FTD customers served.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Working with member florists enabling them to achieve fulfillment success and to assure compliance to all FTD Standards and federal, state, local regulatory requirements and that predetermined objectives are being met.
· Administer the Test Order Management module to include the facilitation of test orders, analyzing and reporting results, and supporting follow up remedial actions
· Conduct floral shop assessments and present findings supported by recommendations for improvement with the overall focus being the achievement of best practices
· Facilitate continual awareness of FTD quality and fulfillment expectations and requirements along with information such as fulfillment planning and readiness, care and handling of fresh cut product, induction into our Florist efficiency modules and skills development curriculum and resources (e.g., boot camp), etc.
· Provide statistical reports to identify negative trends in the florist fulfillment channel and results of continual improvement initiatives.
· From a coaching perspective, work with member florists challenged with compliance to FTD programs such as DRP, D-CON, Quality Star, Test Orders, ASKP's, Market Place container returns, and On-Time Deliveries.
· Support efforts in the development and implementation of flower and plant product specifications for all FTD.Com and member florists and continual improvement of these processes.
· Participate with company departments, suppliers and customers on matters related to materials, processes or products which affect product quality -- customer satisfaction and retention.
· Provide back-up support to drop ship channel during peak holidays and Quality Assurance Manager -- Product Development & Compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to succeed at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in quality assurance, process improvement and successfully leading lean initiatives--preferably directly related to the floral industry.
· Demonstrated ability to multitask and achieve results under pressure and throughout demanding timelines.
Demonstrated experience in rapid problem identification and root cause analysis leading to corrective and preventive solutions while remaining customer focused.
· Ability to write business reports, business correspondence and communicate with international and domestic florists, vendors and FTD customers
· Ability to work with all levels of the FTD organization and with external outsourced contractors and third-party representatives in order to carry out the needs of the business
· Ability and willingness to work anytime during and after operating hours to resolve quality issues, especially during holiday peak periods.
· Ability and availability to travel domestically and internationally.
· Knowledge of all Federal, State, Local rules and regulations that affect FTD products within the floral supply chain.
· Flower and Plant physiology and specifications.
· Floral operations management - quality and process capability improvements.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with all levels of FTD personnel.
· Ability to work with a variety of FTD departments including the Florist Division, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Merchandising and Marketing in order to carry out the needs of the business.
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in both classroom and on the job--within the floral supply chain.
· Ability to develop training curriculum for network-wide use and distribution.
· Proficient ability with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
Requires Specialized and in Depth Knowledge of:
· Specialty product design including packaging, flower varieties, physiology, cut stage, head size, and testing.
· Experienced florist with AIFD Accreditation or equivalent certification highly desirable.