Release Manager at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.
So, what's the role?
The Release Manager (RM) will be central to our software development and deployment process. The RM will be primarily responsible for owning our deployment processes, facilitating multiple daily deployments, and communicating deploy related activities throughout the company.
In this role the Release Manager will collaborate closely with the QA, engineering, product and support teams as well as stakeholders to ensure adherence to Kin's strategic goals while managing risk.
- Coordinating with QA engineers on approved pull requests and deploy timing
- Coordinating activities related to release with dependencies, database migrations, and builds
- Writing deploy notes and communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Post deployment support and monitoring
- Creating release strategy plans for more complex product and feature launches
- Running automated tests and working with QA engineers through to resolution to ensure low risk deploys
- Scheduling deploys during business hours and after hours, as needed
- Recommending and facilitating changes to CI/CD pipeline as appropriate
- Managing risk around timeline, environments, and dependencies
- 2+ years of release management experience
- Experience with SDLC and release best practices
- Experience using Git or other source code management tools
- Experience with deployments, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or CircleCi, and comfortable with database migrations
- Experience with AWS or similar services
Oh, and don't worry, we've got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.