Job Description Summary
CCC Information Services is looking for a seasoned Release Manager to join our organization. We are looking for an individual to organize, direct, and manage the process involved with building and maintaining our software releases into a production environment. In this role, you will be working with cross functional teams including: architecture, product development, quality assurance, business analysis, IT operations, product management and more.
- Coordinate and complete release/project activities through the implementation phase
- Build & maintain strong and effective relationships with portfolio and development teams
- Identify, analyze, respond to, track and manage release related risks and issues to ensure uninterrupted customer service
- Manage the impact that a given change or bundle of changes entering the production environment has on associated stakeholders
- Manage pre-production environment consistency throughout the release process
- Participate in application roll-out implementation meetings and participate in enterprise change review meetings
- Partner with development project managers to ensure resources for a given release match the effort
*Please note that there will be 25% travel required with this role*
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of end-to-end project management experience
- Experience in a change management environment
- Process knowledge of software development life cycles
- Exposure to automated configuration management/code management systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field
- ITIL experience
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps Environment
- Experience with configuration, deployment, delivery or release management for software applications
- Software development experience (job related or academic project) is a plus
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- Knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.
CCC is a great place to work. Join us!