RETAIL COMMUNICATION & ADVOCACY MANAGER at Caterpillar
Retail Communication & Advocacy Manager
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value,
Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
The Communication & Advocacy Manager will be responsible for building connections with key internal and external business partners with a strong focus best serving our Retail customers and ensuring aligned messaging across the enterprise. The incumbent will identify external industry affiliation opportunities to drive increased touchpoints with Retail customers and ensure that we are best positioned to drive value through Integrated Service Offerings by channel (Digital & Physical).
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Geographic Responsibility: Global
This is a highly strategic role that relies on effective networking and exceptional interpersonal skills, as there is significant interdependency across Caterpillar with key business partners including CISD (all departments), MBDs (EXD, EMD, BCP), Component Product Groups, PSLD, Cat Financial, Global Service and the DSDs. The Communication & Advocacy Manager is diligently focused on delivery and execution relying on their strategic perspective to assure the most relevant communication lines, affiliations and content in order to drive Retail STU growth. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and lead internal communication strategy with key partners including DSD, PLSD, BCP, EXD, EMD, Cat Fi and Component Product Groups
• Develop and lead dealer communication strategy with Sales and Marketing key stakeholders
• Develop and lead Social Media communication strategy in target Countries (US, China, Mexico, Brazil, India)
• Process owner for Webinars (Integrated Services / Training / Awareness) / Industry Event Participation
• Identify and build Industry Affiliations that enable connection and engagement with Retail customers
- 4 year College or University Degree is required
- 5-10 years of job-related experience is required
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude is desirable and must possess good human relations, people management, advocacy (demonstrated in previous roles) and communication skills.
- Extensive product/market knowledge with experience in marketing related field is desired
- Locations for this role will be Peoria, IL or Chicago, IL
- Travel 10% or less for this role
- Relocation assistance is provided for this role.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers