Reverse Logistics & Returns Manager - Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The primary function of this position is to support the execution of Zoro’s Digital Supply Chain, specifically the development and day-to-day management of the Reverse Logistics & Returns program across Zoro’s supply chain channels.
This role will own the development and management of Reverse Logistics & Return program operations, directing resolutions and responding to escalations of daily returns management issues, specifically focusing on creating a pain free customer returns experience that will generate loyalty and repeat purchases in a way that reduces costs to Zoro.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build reverse logistics & returns programs that driving the delivery sound operating results; exceed customer expectations, and balance fulfillment service levels with logistics costs.
- Manage entire customer return process for all Zoro fulfillment channels, including manage warranty/service RMA, freight and parcel recovery process for returns and claims management with carriers for products damaged in transit
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop returns policies and procedures for making decisions on which products to recover and which to dispose “in field” based on cost, location, warranty requirements and customer needs.
- Develop process for credit memo tracking and resolution as well as return to vendor transfers.
- Identify and lead projects to address the major causes of reships and returns. Identify which products to process through reships and returns and determine the best shipping modes and routes to reduce overall cost of returns.
- Develop, implement and utilize reverse logistics & returns program metrics and measurement tools to track pre and post-launch performance measurements
- Collaborate with third-party supplier partners and warehousing operations to implement the reverse logistics program. Study current reship and return operations and implement lean tools to identify major customer concerns.
- Partner with leadership, internal and external teams to drive efficient process and meet key performance indicators; track and identify recurring problems and create an action plan to address them
- Communicate any and all escalations to the Supply Chain management with clear and concise feedback, metrics, action item(s), and owners
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred, with an emphasis in a related field; Logistics, Business or Supply Chain Management; 5+ years previous work experience preferred in Logistics Functions
- Demonstrated professional experience in program management, leading cross-functional teams in an ever changing environment with intense focus on customer experience and reverse logistics / returns process improvement
- Strong analytical and financial acumen; comfortable with drawing insights from large data sets (intermediate Excel and Powerpoint skills required)
- Innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems, develop business cases to size and structure opportunities, develop creative solutions, and drive implementation
- Exceptional communication skills; articulate and persuasive, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated senior presence and a track record of successful relationship management and negotiation skills
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated expertise with leading cross-functional teams and developing strong business partnerships
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.