The purpose of the role of SAP Reporting Consultant consists of two main areas of responsibility, project delivery and service delivery. Each individual at this level can be responsible for activities within project delivery, service delivery or a combination of both areas.
This is a role which involves working largely on their own initiative or as part of a SAP design/service team.
Project delivery responsibilities
The SAP Functional Consultant Design will lead and support the Design Governance within their own SAP CoE Solution Area, recommending and approving designs to take forward to implementation and producing High Level designs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity. They will be looked to as the “expert” within their Functional Area to understand, evaluate and articulate recommendations for solutions that provide the best outcome for customers. They will also be expected to configure SAP modules in line with design requirements as well as peer review designs / configuration from other Functional Consultants in the SAP area.
Service delivery responsibilities involve helping to sustain and optimize SAP Applications by ensuring they are managed effectively. They are the single point of contact for a specific set of SAP applications/components, providing application specific expertise.
- Gathers and analyzes internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
- Translates users' business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and Rational Unified Process ("RUP") and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Participates in and contributes to managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
- Creates training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Serves as a liaison between engineering, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of work team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- At least 3 years of experience with technical design process and models.
- At least 3 years of experience with requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
- At least 2 years of experience with of SDLC / SW development processes, such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and / or Rational Unified Process ("RUP"), Agile, Waterfall)..
- Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 2 years of SAP Module experience, including BW 7.5 on HANA, , BO, CAR (sales), BW reporting for FI, Purchasing, Inventory (MM) and SD.
- Experience of the design and development of SAP solutions within the Report the Enterprise SAP process area.
- Experience producing High Level and Detailed designs and ensuring they meet agreed Business Requirements, align with Strategy and Architecture, are cost effective, deliverable and supportable and are delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Experience driving SAP standard within designs and challenge where SAP standard is not proposed.
- Experience with at least 2 SAP project lifecycles
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
- Experience assessing business proposals, project scoping, feasibility analysis and cost estimation.
- Experience undertaking configuration activity in accordance with designs and configuration standards.
- Experience with peer review designs
- Experience driving system improvements
- Experience driving relationships with the business, stakeholders and partners.
- Experience with the design and development of IT solutions
- Experience working in an out-sourced environment
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives
- Commercial and technical experience, including experience working within an IT service area.
- Experience working in a large retail organization
- ITIL Qualification (at Expert level)
- Experience with application management
- Knowledge of incident, problem management and change management tools
- Experience dealing with users and suppliers
- Knowledge of retail environments, including retail process
- Knowledge of IT retail environments