Scientific Affairs Liaison at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus, Inc. Is building a high-performing Scientific Affairs Liaison (SAL) Team to support the commercial customer focus and educational objectives of the company. This position will report to the VP, Medical Affairs and will require <20% travel. We are considering candidates residing across the US.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Function as an internal scientific/technical expert with respect to all Tempus oncology test offerings;
- Ability to identify internal education gaps with respect to Tempus new and existing oncology products, and facilitate closing those gaps via the development of educational presentations, live training modules and utilization of other training tools, like videos and podcasts;
- Ability to work effectively across multidisciplinary groups to provide prompt, accurate and comprehensive responses to complex medical/scientific inquiries of our customers;
- Contribute to development of scientifically/technically accurate and comprehensive marketing messages/collateral for external and internal stakeholders (healthcare professionals, internal commercial teams, etc.); maintaining current market intelligence on new and existing competitor products.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of molecular testing and/or oncology;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills;
- Public speaking skills and ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific topics and concepts;
- Working knowledge of genomic laboratory developed testing (LDT); familiarity with CLIA-88’, CAP, Sunshine Act (2013);
- Strong inter- and intradepartmental navigation skills in a fast moving company environment;
- Ability to travel (<20%);
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset able to work and deliver on tight timelines;
- An at-cause approach to problem solving.
Education and Experience
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, MSN, BSN);
- Experience in with oncology diagnostics in biotech or pharmaceutical industries preferred;
- Basic understanding of oncology required; basic understanding of molecular testing strongly preferred.