Scientific Programs & Events Coordinator at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
The Scientific Programs and Events Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing all peer to peer education activities including speaker programs, advisory boards and other ad hoc scientific meetings. They will act as the main point of contact for all contracted speakers.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills with prior experience in events or project management.
- Act as the main point of contact for the speakers and event vendors
- Handle calendaring, travel arrangements, purchases, reimbursements and other administrative tasks surrounding the event
- Serve as a liaison between the science, sales and marketing departments
- Coordinate content review for scientific programs with internal stakeholders
- Assemble event materials and manage shipping of supplies for events
- Manage recruiting logistics & tracking RSVPs and event follow up
- Track scientific programs from initial request to close and share impact data with leadership
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
- 2+ years of event planning or executive assistant experience preferred
- Strong organization & project management skills, with ability to coordinate multiple activities concurrently
- Travel - on-site coordination and management up to 2 times per quarter (may include weekends)
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, from concept to execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to respond to changes quickly and thoughtfully
- Strong excel skills preferred