NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is looking for an organized and highly motivated Scrum Master to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a strong written and verbal communicator, organized, and experienced as a Scrum Master.
Learn more about NextCapital at themuse.com/companies/nextcapital.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and develop the NextCapital Agile Practice
- Lead Agile teams using Scrum methodology and practices
- Help Product Owners and Scrum teams to achieve customer satisfaction
- Lead the Scrum teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the Scrum teams on removing impediments
- Help the Scrum teams to identify and fill in gaps in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur within the team
- Help the team improve Scrum team maturity
- Support the Product Owners and provide education where needed
- Facilitate and support all team ceremonies, including: Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a Scrum Master role
- You are organized and interested in helping others organize their work
- You have an eye for identifying risk, waste, or inefficiencies
- You are highly self-motivated and can adapt in a changing environment
- You are equally comfortable leveraging a defined process or designing a new one
- You have the ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- You are knowledgeable in techniques to fill gaps within the Scrum team
- You have the ability to determine what is Scrum and what is not
- You are experienced with successful Agile techniques
- You have the ability to work with and lead a team
- You have strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
WHERE THIS ROLE MAY LEAD YOU
- Project Management: Deliver a technical milestone, tracking revenue and cost against a budget
- Relationship Management: Manage one of our enterprise partner relationships
- Product Management: Lead a team of engineers and designers to build new software
- Design: Drive product design decisions, including technical architecture or product strategy
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people.
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage.
- Enjoy a stimulating work environment surrounded by top quality researchers and engineers that enjoy working with each other towards a common goal.
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future.
- When the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions