Scrum Master at Flexport (Chicago, IL)
If you are obsessed with creating a great customer experience and delivering exceptional products, are curious and have an uncanny ability to ask penetrating questions and unpack business assumptions, and you have never met a project impediment you couldn’t resolve– then this job is for YOU!
We're looking for a Scrum Master to help develop technology products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.As a Scrum Master You Will:
- Facilitate the activities of varying complexity for multiple scrum teams
- Manage & facilitate all Scrum ceremonies - Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums/Huddles, Retrospectives, Reviews/Demos and Scrum-of-Scrums
- Effectively draw from a multitude of skills & capabilities to influence team members & unblock scrum teams
- Use Agile principles & processes to ensure sprint goals are delivered within the target iteration, adhere to quality standards, and meet the stakeholder’s expectations and business needs
- Lead scrum teams & foster a strong collaborative ethos within your teams
- Enact Scrum values & practices, and shield Dev teams from external interference
- Communicate project/product delivery updates, reports & make connections between tactical activities & the larger business outcome
- Coordinate development dependencies that span multiple teams and know how to track team progress in Jira
- Escalate issues and identify risks to leadership & project stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Coach Product Managers, Program Managers and Developers with Agile best practices adoption & find ways to bring more innovation & experimentation mindsets into the way we work
- Partner with Product Managers, Program Managers and scrum teams in quarterly planning activities across regions
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Scrum Master in software product development setting and delivery model
- 5+ years of experience on Agile development team in a matrixed organization
- Deep understanding of Agile development process/best practices and the ability to drive for results
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities. Help teams prioritize and focus
- Demonstrated ability to implement agile metrics & use those metrics to help team(s) identify opportunities for improvement in Retrospective meetings
- Ability to empower team(s) to be self-organized to work together on product delivery
- Strong leadership & initiative, innovative thinking skills, and ability to analyze details and adopt a big picture view
- Keen ability to establish and continually cultivate positive relationships with various stakeholders
- Displays effective Servant Leadership qualities, whose focus is removing impediments and building up the capabilities of an Agile team
- Ability to challenge teams to break down stories/tasks into reasonable sizes so that work can be delivered each Sprint
- Experience providing support for organizational process improvement initiatives to include creating, updating and socializing standards, processes, procedures, template and guidelines as needed
- Understanding and some experience working in a traditional project management environment
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, cross-functional scrum teams and working with Jira/Confluence
- Ability to support cross team product portfolio activities such as quarterly planning exercise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Certified Scrum Master certification
- You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other Agile at scale planning tools
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.