We're a group of passionate individuals working together on game-changing technology—and having a lot of fun while doing so. Our core values are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people. The person coming into this role will be effective working in a collaborative team environment, and passionate about the hard work of delivering an exceptional customer experience. You are someone who is organized, flexible, creative, and determined. You’ll be working with multiple engineering scrum teams, enabling their success and keeping leadership informed.
- We’re looking for people that are calm under pressure. We’ll have constant conversations with other internal groups on deadlines and priorities, and you’ll be acting as a sanity check for your teams.
- You enjoy being part of a team. Interacting with multi-functional teams each and every day, helping them reach their sprint goals.
- You genuinely enjoy helping people. This position is to help enable success, adjust priorities while avoiding nuances when possible, and celebrating when we succeed.
- You love learning. Narrative Science is a young organization and are only going to keep growing. We’re dealing with leading-edge technology and are continuously striving to make both our platform and our organization better. We’re how the future gets written, and we want to have you help us along the way.
- Be responsible for multiple (2-3) scrum teams serving as their scrum master, managing sprint estimation, resourcing, burndown, and velocity
- Assist in communicating cross-scrum dependencies and scope issues
- Ensure quick resolution and communication of issues, risks, and action items
- Support engineering workflow on both a day-to-day basis and longer-term planning
- Manage retrospectives and implementation of process improvements into future sprint cycles
- Communicate relevant team metrics, changes, and requests to partners
- Drive our engineering workforce forward as our team grows and our business needs evolve
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years relevant experience
- Experience with leading an Agile team and Agile processes & techniques, like release planning, story sizing, backlog management, etc.
- Experience with Agile project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven capability for critical thinking, logistics, and problem solving
- Affinity for a dynamic work environment that inspires education, partnership, and collaboration
- Ability to work alongside and contribute to engineering, product, and leadership
- A positive mindset and personality
- Familiarity with software development processes and coding- this isn’t a developer role, but your teams will be almost entirely software engineers
- PSM or CSM certification
About Narrative Science:
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.
Narrative Science provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.