The person will be bswift's Agile champion, Setting the process in motion, defining boundaries, training teams and training/mentoring other developing Scrum Masters
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding the team and larger organization on how to use Scrum and other Agile practices and to delight customers
- Organizing and facilitating the daily scrum, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning as needed by the scrum team(s)
- Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most of self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding and working with the right person to remove them
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and working with the team(s)
- Collaborating with other Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches across the organization
- Actively participating in an Agile Coaching Team and/or Community of Practice
- 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Prior experience in a self-directed, fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment
- Proven success in developing new associates
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- CSM, PSM, or CSP is preferred
- Experience with benefit administration systems is preferred
- Knowledge of platform development, data analytics, and user centered design thinking is preferred
- Experience with Java, Angular, Low Code development technologies is preferred
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Headquartered in downtown Chicago, with a location in Grand Rapids, MI., bswift offers software and services that streamline benefits, HR and payroll administration for employers and public and private exchanges nationwide. bswifts state-of-the-art cloud-based technology and outsourcing solutions significantly reduce administrative costs and time-consuming paperwork, making life easier for administrators and millions of consumers who enroll in benefits with bswift. bswift has growth and advancement opportunities for all levels of experience. We provide an environment that allows driven individuals to put their personal stamp on current and future company successes. Not only is bswift maintaining a strong Chicago presence, we are exceeding projected growth by continuing to build our exceptionally talented and diverse team
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.