The Role: The Workplace group is looking for a talented agile scrum master to join us in building software users love. This position will support the growth of Morningstar’s flagship managed account platform. This role will act as Scrum Master for at least two squads.
Agile Scrum Masters are responsible for facilitating the planning and execution of product development projects/programs through coordination of multiple disciplines. They are stewards of Morningstar’s development framework and operational best practices. Most importantly, they are responsible for the delivery of business requirements in the form of working software, at regular, frequent intervals. This position is based in our Chicago office and reports to the Senior Product Manager in our Workplace group.
• Adopt and adhere to Morningstar’s Product Development Framework and functional best practices established by the Operational Excellence team.
• Serve as Scrum Master in managing sprints and working with team members to deliver working software.
• Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies, managing follow up and communications with the necessary stakeholders
• Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience, adoption and key performance indicators.
• Ability to identify issues during the sprint and help team in resolution of issues which impede progress.
• Ability to coach, train and/or educate team on Agile processes.
• Establish team dynamic that ensures open, constant and honest communication.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to create and manage a realistic and detailed project schedule.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• 5+ Years’ experience in Project Management & Agile Methodologies
• Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies is required; experience with Agile is required.
• A proven record in being a Scrum Master for multiple teams.
• Scrum certification along with at least five years of experience as a Scrum Master in a software development environment that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory is desired
• Proven success facilitating team collaboration across multiple teams
• Excellent communication, time management/organization, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
• Ability to facilitate team decision-making processes and foster an environment of healthy team debate and collaboration.
• Highly effective at coaching teams and providing feedback to both the team and stakeholders.
• Possess strong active listening skills.
• Comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to create focus and keep the team focused on business objectives.
• High-level knowledge of technology and the SDLC are desirable.
• Prior experience using JIRA project and issue tracking software is desirable.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity