GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
GoHealth is looking for a Scrum Master with a strong technical Agile project management background and a series of successes leading sprints to join our Performance Data team. We are a team of high performance, quality-driven data scientists, analysts, and engineers who are excited to drive and inform the strategic goals of GoHealth’s executive leaders.
The Scrum Master’s primary role is to remove impediments from the team’s ability to deliver its commitments and goals. He or she will serve as the link between the team’s Data Engineering and Strategic Analytics divisions, as well as the liaison between the Performance Data team and business unit leaders.
GoHealth employs an agile methodology and fully embraces the fundamentals of continuous delivery, self-organizing teams, just-in-time requirements, only as much documentation as truly needed, and processes that make sense for the organization (not just for the sake of process).
- Utilize daily team meetings and other techniques to identify impediments and find ways to remove them.
- Ensure that the team process is used as intended, and is considered the enforcer of rules.
- Schedule and facilitate planning sessions, demonstrations and retrospectives, and ensure the team gets value out of ceremonies.
- Build release and scrum/iteration plans, while keeping the team focused on current development cycle (sprint/iteration).
- Report on the health/status of the development cycle/iteration/sprint.
- Use retrospectives, coach the team to adopt a continuous delivery mindset.
- Coach the team to follow the processes and identify ways to improve the processes.
This candidate will be key in helping GoHealth manage the team backlog, track backlog burn down, and maintain organization to ensure executional success. We are looking for someone communicative and enthusiastic with a keen eye for detail. Special emphasis put on the following:
- 3+ years of technical experience in Agile environment.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into requirements for operations and report delivery.
- Situational Awareness – must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Assertiveness – must be able to ensure Agile concepts and principles are adhered to by providing a voice of reason and authority.
- Understanding basic fundamentals of iterative development, with a focus on minimum viable product.
- Ability to acquire respect from team while demonstrating a willingness to “get hands dirty” when needed to get the job done
- Experience as Scrum Master or as Technical Project Manager (Kanban) in a SaaS company is preferred.
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- GoHealth/Connected Benefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer