Scrum Master at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for adapting and promoting Agile methodology and all related Scrum ceremonies within a cross functional Agile team. Provides oversight during feature and user story grooming and Sprint development. Manages Sprint release timeline and resolves impediments to ensure Agile releases stay on track.
- Identifies dependencies between Agile teams. Communicates and resolves dependencies between different teams.
- Facilitates team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, Sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning and team retrospectives. Manages Sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments to ensure Sprint releases stays on track. Updates Sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool. Participates in Scrum of Scrums forum within the Agile Release Train to communicate the Agile team’s progress, dependencies and impediments.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 2+ years of experience in applied Scrum Master experience, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1 or 2 years of experience as a scrum master or project manager managing scrum teams following Agile/SAFe methodology
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders in working towards common objectives
- Results oriented, Collaborative and team player.
- PMP certification preferred
- BS in computers science or related field preferred.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.