What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The primary focus of the Scrum Master is to remove the impediments that affect the eCommerce team's ability to deliver more value in the increment that is developed in a Sprint. To ensure capacity to focus on impediment removal, the role does not take on work/tasks to define or build the product. The Scrum Master role is intended to help the Product Owner stay focused on what is most valuable for the business and the Development Team to maximize the value they deliver each Sprint using proper development techniques.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team
- Remove barriers and impediments for product development teams
- Coach team members on Scrum and agile best practices
- Participate and contribute to product roadmap and release plans
- Govern the "Definition of Done" process to ensure product and engineering goals are being fulfilled, including, but not limited to: automated test results, security test results, automated CI and CD results and contractual deliverables. Work with the product development teams to address gaps in fulfilling "Done".
- Work in Agile teams directly with product managers and business analysts to complete functionality in new and existing applications.
- May at times assist in the following Development functions: o Maintain, and support mission-critical applications while working closely with team members to provide project and ongoing operational support for applications.
- Participate in support rotation and troubleshoot production issues to insure the continued operations of the business.
- Solutions Development (Functional Requirements/Design): Translates Business Requirements in Functional Requirements and Design
- Implementation of Solution (Coding & Unit Testing): Takes Functional Requirements and Designs and Implements the Solution
- Maintenance/Support: Supports the software that was developed
- Innovation/Trends: Continuously Innovates and Follows Industry Trends
- Customer Service/Relationship Management: Stays connected to the business
- Vendor Management: Stays connected to the vendors
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Must have 2-3 years serving as an active Scrum Master in a software development environment
- Experience working successfully with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment with changing priorities
- Scrummed multiple teams including geographically dispersed teams in organizations with hybrid full-time and outsourced resources models
- Prior experience using JIRA project and issue tracking software is desirable
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Outstanding communication and collaboration with personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse personality type
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description