222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking for a Senior Accountant within ou r Shared Services practice with strong financial and problem solving skills. Position will consist of daily, weekly and monthly accounting and finance processes, entries, reconciliations, and reporting as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
* Record monthly journal entries
* Reporting for business units on financials and KPIs
* Review and approval of month end close processes, reconciliations, and reporting completed by accountants
* Bi-monthly expense review and approval
* Provide firmwide PSA (Professional Service Automation) system support
* Support for client invoicing and recording cash receipts
* Support for data requests for the financial audit process
* Support for process improvements for Finance team
* Ad-hoc financial analysis for use by management in decision making
* Minimum four to five years of experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA is a plus
* Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
* Need a strong self motivated individual with excellent analytical skills
* Detail Oriented
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management and clients
* Ability to adapt to changes in environment
* Demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.