ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow is looking for an experienced leader to own and manage our strategic relationship with IBM in the Americas. We have a great relationship and partnership with IBM and need this individual to take it to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad and deep expertise in the world of partnerships and cloud solutions and will have a practical understanding of working with large Global System Integrators (GSI). They will have demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling and technical challenges to help us build compelling value propositions for ServiceNow and our customers.
This will involve working with key leaders at ServiceNow and at IBM through highly cross-functional teams to influence, align and coordinate resources to deliver the desired results. The candidate should have a proven track record of driving strategic outcomes through an ecosystem: influencing innovation through a strategic partner ecosystem, deal expertise, and/or business development experience.
The successful candidate must balance strategic-thinking with tactical execution; build effective and enduring partner relationships, drive highly cross-functional processes, possess a sound technical understanding of ServiceNow’s technology, and have an appreciation of IBM’s strengths.
This role will have very high visibility among the Sales leadership team at ServiceNow and will help grow our highest priority partnerships. Over time, with a proven track record of x-functional execution, the candidate will also have an opportunity to rotate into other leadership roles in the company.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead and grow our go-to-market partnership with IBM in the Americas (North and South America)
- Increase ServiceNow’s Annual Contract Value (ACV) influenced by IBM
- Manage key partnership areas with IBM namely - strategy development, stakeholder engagement plans, joint offerings, tactical execution and alignment of go-to-market functions
- Be ServiceNow’s advocate for IBM’s differentiated offerings and value
- Facilitate and co-ordinate go-to-market and internal supporting resources (incl. legal, finance etc.) to deliver desired outcomes
- Conduct day-to-day program management with relevant internal and IBM stakeholders; play a ‘quarterback’ role to manage competing cross-functional priorities
- Work closely with the executive team and internal functional leaders to drive action and build world class execution capability
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports and dashboards
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years’ work experience with some specific experience managing GSIs, business development or other deal-oriented role
- Software industry domain expertise (preferably SaaS), and the ability to understand complex technology problems
- Strong previous background in Partner Alliance Management
- Strategic thinker, who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (internally and with partners), collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives/ partners in cross-company projects
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience working with IBM is a plus (not mandatory, but nice to have)
- Willing to travel at least 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA strongly preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.