Senior AWS Project Manager at Ensono
Job Summary Ensono’s Public Cloud Services is a practice area within Ensono focused entirely on the architecture, security, delivery, and automation required to run mission-critical applications on Microsoft Azure (Azure) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Public Cloud Services is part of the Advisory, Consulting and Client Services business unit of Ensono and focused on the acceleration of our Client’s Public Cloud initiatives and delivery. We are looking for a Senior AWS Project Manager with Public Cloud Services , Private Cloud and custom / hybrid experience to join our team. As a Senior AWS Project Manager, you will responsible for delivering revenue generation as framed in the commercial sale in the most efficient manner whilst managing all internal and external delivery parties.
- Experience managing AWS Cloud infrastructure / Migration projects.
- Through understanding cloud adoption framework converting OnPrem to AWS.
- Experienced as a true consultant in the IT industry in different environments, ability to define where they are at, and what is needed for long term client growth.
- Knowledge of AWS migration programs and the 7 migration patterns
- Work with clients to design and deliver systems for complex custom projects using the latest AWS cloud platform.
- Ensure Integration and infrastructure architect solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability and security
- Agile / DevOps project management experience with evidence and ability to demonstrate qualifications.
- Experience with AWS Cloud including project delivery.
- Migration project experience including managing the projects, budgets and timing
- Knowledge and exposure of managing high level stakeholders
- Experience doing presentations and being client facing
- Team player but also ability to effectively self-motivate, keep timing and budgeting in mind.
- Experience using standard Project Management tools: MS Office, MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Defines, confirms project scope and goals, organizes and plans project schedules to meet required project timeframes. Determines needs and all resources involved and timing involved. Works closely with resource manager to ensure proper resources allocation to the project. Ability to handle multiple complex project simultaneously at various stages
- Thoroughly understands the project background (e.g., why it is being done, who supports/opposes it, where it is on the client’s priority list, who the client sponsor is)
- Manages risk planning, analysis, response and control on a scheduled basis across all phases and projects
- Obtains agreement to an approved, clearly stated review and approval process
- Experience building, maintaining, and enhancing business relationships within and outside the company.
- Should have Planned and executed major migrations: complete analysis of business needs, application, hardware and security requirements.
- Ensures changes to the project scope are implemented according to the project change management process
Time & Cost Management:
- Manages budgets and timelines of high-level, high-impact, and high-cost client projects
- Uses a variety of company and industry sources to assess and predict trends in estimating the resource needs of complex and large projects
- Presents and maintains project budgets
- Analyses aggregate budget/expense data across projects
- Secures needed approval from senior management to changes in project budgets, to accompany changes in project scope
- Consistently meets profitability and release date objectives of complex projects
Risk & Issue Management:
- Implements strategies to deal with risks and issues affecting the success of the project (e.g., acceptance, avoidance, mitigation)
- Works with stakeholders to increase their understanding of potential risks and the steps being taken to mitigate them
- Objectively analyses the impact and probability of each risk and the impact of each issue
- Uses risk mitigation techniques to lessen the probability, thereby reducing the risk
- Involves team members in identifying risks on a regular basis throughout the project
- Uses a variety of tools/techniques to quantify risks (e.g., expected monetary value, statistical sums, schedule simulations, decision trees)
- Uses a variety of approaches (e.g., project team meetings, project status reports, issues logs, risk management worksheets) to keep project risks visible and track changes (e.g., probability, impact, planned risk response)
- Drives risks and issues to closure
- Establishes tolerance levels for issues and triggers for risks
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good working attitude
- Professional communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of confidence and poise.
- Up to 10% travel required
- Client focused and results driven
Years of Experience Desired/Required:
Minimum 7-10 years of experience
Undergraduate degree with 5-7 years of professional experience (client facing experience preferred)
Certifications Desired/ Required:
- AWS Associate Level Certification or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Agile project management with Scrum
- PMI certification, such as PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP highly desirable