Senior Consultant, Application Integration and Support
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Sr Application Integration Consultant role will be responsible for working with Discover Network business, internal infrastructure and application teams to evaluate and assess processes, products and partners, and provide technical leadership to members of Application Integration teams, delivering new Enterprise Platform solutions for Discover Network, Pulse and Diners Club International
The preferred candidate is one who enjoys working within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, influencing the long term direction of our solutions while working with a similar minded group of people. Our team operates very much like a startup that just happens to reside within a Fortune 300 Company.
Initiatives typically involve the engagement of resources across multiple business and technical units, so a broad business/technical engagement background is highly desired. This role will require both strategic and tactical cross-functional leadership.
You will love working on our team if you enjoy working directly with a team of highly skilled and motivated developers, interacting and supporting our internal and external business partners, leading your work vs. following a checklist, enjoy advocating for and driving change as well as inventing features or projects that solve a business challenge. You’ll be part of a team that specializes in using the latest leading edge cloud based technologies and best in market toolsets to provide world class solutions to challenging and emerging business needs. Each individual is responsible for promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring adherence to efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Translate market demands and customer needs into requirements, SAFe features and acceptance criteria and successfully communicate these requirements as the technical representative of the Application team.
- Participate in strategic discussions, negotiate and influence towards the most optimal solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to direct natural work groups and ensure the initiatives, objectives, goals and requirements are delivered according to stakeholder expectations and in accordance with SAFe Agile project delivery best practices.
- Fill specialized role as Scrum Master for ART System Team.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- 10+ yrs experience working in a technology environment (preferably Agile)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or like field)
- Skilled in task automation, continuous integration and delivery (test automation, Jenkins, release management, DevOps)
- Proficient in robust application architecture (microservice environments, application program interface, Eureka Service Registry, fault tolerance,)
- Familiar with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions (AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Familiar with containerization solutions like Docker, Kubernetes and Openshift is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Amazing team player with a hyper focus on the customer
- Strength in adapting to a highly dynamic environment of change is needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.