Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently in search of a high-performance PPM/Business Transformation Senior Consultant with experience in portfolio/program management and/or leading/supporting a Business Transformation Office (BTO). We're seeking someone who can bring an entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding Operations Excellence Practice. At West Monroe Partners, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
- Portfolio and program management
- Establishes core portfolio management processes such as intake/funding, resource management, budget management and integrated planning
- Oversees a portfolio of projects/initiatives, defining and implementing effective tools, team structures and reporting processes
- Develops and maintains integrated roadmaps to govern efforts and manage interdependencies
- Articulates business value of portfolios and programs by establishing and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of projects and programs
- Manages client executive stakeholders to ensure proper implementation of programs and projects
- Transformation Office
- Assess and/or develop enterprise governance frameworks to facilitate intake, delivery controls, value realization, reporting for Transformation Office
- Works with executive team to drive alignment with transformation goals and objectives – including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
- Coordinate day-to-day delivery efforts with initiative and business leaders including escalation and resolution of high priority issues
- Other Client Expectations
- Leads team of West Monroe and client resources on engagements
- Manages project economics including tracking project budgets, creating invoices, and managing collection process
- Mentors and develops staff on the job and through formal feedback
- Participates in and supports development and enhancements to methodologies, tools and other collateral
- Supports thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers and other related efforts
- Coaches and manages other consultants and actively participates in the performance evaluation process
- Participates in recruiting campus and experienced candidates
- Participates in meetings, development of proposals and Business Development pursuits
- Assists in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments
- Participates in our business development process as a subject matter expert
- Actively builds a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- 5-8 years of proven experience in various aspects of program/portfolio management, Business Transformation Office (BTO), Project Management Office (PMO) operations
- Clear understanding and experience in program and portfolio governance approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and SAFe)
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, influence others and manage conflict to productive conclusion
- Experience in PPM tools such as MS Project, Planview, Clarity, SmartSheet
- Ability to communicate clearly and present to senior leadership levels
- Experience developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal transformation office is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe Partners’ core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking and/or Private Equity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.