Senior Consultant – Software Strategy & Operations
Senior Consultant – Software Strategy & Operations
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’ ;re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Consultant with prior experience in and a strong passion for strategy and operations engagements to join our Chicago office and National Mergers and Acquisitions practice. Our Chicago office serves an array of interesting and exciting Private Equity and Technology Industry clients across the nation.
As a Senior Consultant in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, you will serve Private Equity and Strategic clients with a focus on software and tech-enabled services businesses. Our engagements are focused on driving growth and value, including growth strategy for the enterprise or a business unit, improvement in customer-facing operations, customer success, operating model transformation for SaaS and subscription, and market & operations due diligence. In addition to client delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development (hunting new clients and building relationships with existing), along with contributing to internal practice development leadership.
Senior Consultants within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
* Support teams serving technology industry clients and Private Equity investors while demonstrating advisory capabilities with high level client counterparts such as CEO, CRO, CFO, and other C-level executives
* Contribute to fast-paced engagements, with an ability to evaluate growth strategies, market opportunities, and operations of a business and identify operations, revenue, and growth risks
* Evaluate and recommend initiatives to improve go-to-market, product, and customer success operations, particularly post-sales functions to support our clients’ investment theses
* Play a key role in strategy and operations planning around key industry dynamics, including SaaS, subscription-based business models, cloud migration, digital transformation, and other value-based initiatives
* Interface with all levels of business leadership at clients
* Build data-driven methodologies and assets to deliver insight to our clients, and manage related internal initiatives
* Enhance analysis and presentation frameworks used in advisory engagements
* Actively participate in the performance management process
* Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
* Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
* Support opportunities to provide prospects and clients with ongoing advisory and execution management; collaborate with practice partners to support these opportunities
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Actively participate in Technology Industry and M&A industry events
* Understand client investment needs/constraints and help tailor proposals appropriately to meet their needs
* Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Contribute to and publish thought leadership
* Minimum of 3+ years participating in team-based, client-facing role in management, product / technology, strategy, or corporate development within a technology-led business or strategy / technology consulting
* Experience in specific technology sub-sectors (e.g. FinTech, Healthcare IT, Marketing Tech, etc.) preferred, but not mandatory
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Experience managing client relationships
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality assurance experience
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with C-level clients
* Ability to travel up to 50%; Travel is short term (2-3 days on-site per diligence project, 50-75% during post-close carve-out execution)
* Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
* Recent MBA or graduate degree from a leading university, preferred but not mandatory
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.