Senior Consultant, Supply Chain (Health Systems/Healthcare Focus) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Consultant with current health systems/health care experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain team. We are seeking a candidate with 3-5 years of supply chain experience preferably executing projects involving inventory management and distribution planning for health care networks.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As a Senior Consultant on our supply chain team you will serve our clients in several roles focused on system selection and implementation (WMS and inventory management), self-distribution and consolidated service center optimization for health systems, and will also likely play an active role leading supply chain and technology assessments, cost-to-serve analysis, supply chain and manufacturing operations strategy development, and supporting our Mergers & Acquisitions activities from an operations perspective. You will also collaborate with our industry vertical teams, with the primary overlaps being healthcare life science, consumer and industrial products and private equity.
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Senior Consultants in our practice at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
• Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
• Facilitate client workshops focused on documenting business process and requirements
• Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites.
• Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
• Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
• Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WMP in on client assignment
• Supporting the recruiting process for interns & consultant
• Coach other consultants and participate in the performance review process
• Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
• Must have experience working with or implementing warehouse or inventory management systems
• Must have experience working with external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
• Minimum of 3 years participating on supply chain management based work / teams
• Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in health care systems/health care networks
• Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle projects and priorities
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
• Ability to travel 50% is required
• A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.