Senior Consultant, Supply Chain (Planning)
Senior Consultant, Supply Chain (Planning)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Consultant with current business / technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain team. We are seeking a candidate with 4-5 years of supply chain experience preferably executing projects involving advanced planning and scheduling, sales & operation planning, demand planning and forecasting; and second arily, warehouse management systems and transportation management systems.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As a Senior Consultant on our supply chain team you will serve our clients in several roles focused on demand planning and forecasting, sales & operation planning, demand fulfillment, constraint based supply planning, and inventory optimization; and will also likely play an active role leading supply chain and technology assessments, cost-to-serve analysis, supply chain and manufacturing operations strategy development, and supporting our Mergers & Acquisitions activities from an operations perspective. You will also support our industry vertical teams, with the primary overlaps being Consumer and Industrial products, healt hcare life science and Private Equity.
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Senior Consultants in our practice at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
* Facilitate client workshops focused on documenting business process and requirements
* Synthesize customer’s business requirements to create clear and comprehensive use cases and solution design documentation
* Perform fit gap analysis between application functionality and the client’s requirements
* Perform business process modelling, user experience modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming
* Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites.
* Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
* Develop strong understanding of application and software capabilities and limitations and clearly communicate those to customers
* Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
* Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WMP in on client assignment
* Helps to define standard methods and processes for solution deployment and system integration, ensuring adoption and use of those standards
* Capture and share best practice knowledge
* Actively participate in the recruiting process for interns & consultant
* Coach other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
* Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
* Must have experience working with external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
* Minimum of 3 years participating on business consulting and IT project based work / teams
* Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: manufacturing & distribution, transportation, or supply chain planning software
* Minimum of 3 years deploying successful solutions in demand planning, constraint based supply planning, and/or inventory optimization
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
* Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle projects and priorities
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
* Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in applications
* Comfortable with heavy involvement in user acceptance test planning and execution
* Ability to travel 80% is required
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.