Provides technical program management leadership over the implementation of Marketing Technology and Customer Data Platforms along with mass personalization programs globally. Partners with global Marketing, internal and external partners (e.g., Adobe, Microsoft, SI) to establish robust program governance for the MarTech and Customer Data Platform group. Develops strategies and implementation plans to build the global technology function.
- Provides technical leadership and support to establish and oversee the programs for the Marketing Technology and Customer Data Platforms globally. Partners with global Marketing, Internal, and external partners (e.g., Adobe, Microsoft, SI) to establish robust program governance for the MarTech and Customer Data Platform group. Develops strategies and implementation plans to build the global technology function.
- Defines and manages the operational investments for the platforms within the portfolio.
- Oversees program management and deliverables for the program globally. Drives the technology aspect of the Mass Personalization business results through modern MarTech and Customer Data Platforms enabled by agile program management.
- Reviews standardized policies/processes established by the Corporate PMO and ensures consistency within the division office.
- Organizes the emerging global program to promote Agile Program/Portfolio Management disciplines based on Agile delivery of products and features for global Mass Personalization initiatives. Manages/oversees program management and deliverables for the project, program and/ or portfolio globally.
- Develops the global program office with a primary focus on driving the Mass Personalization business results through modern MarTech and Customer Data Platforms enabled by agile portfolio and program management. Reviews standardized policies/processes established by the Corporate PMO and ensures consistency within the division office.
- Oversees issue escalations to unblock individual initiatives. Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves, and escalates issues and risks to the next level and/or Business Owners, when necessary.
- Oversees and manages key relationships , including but not limited to client Business Owner
- Ensures consistency in approach/implementation of technical program management framework/standards across functional areas – as required by the CPMO.
- Establishes and tracks goals, strategies and metrics against business goals and objectives. Directs and oversees the production of reports used to support short-term and long-term strategies/plans. Creates a reporting mechanism from individual work streams through the executive level. Oversees and reviews quality of core deliverables, including but not limited to Status Reports, Charter, Schedules, and other key stakeholder presentations/communication – and reporting on reviews to the Global MarTech and Customer Data Platform / GMLT Team.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives and develops master operational plans. Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans. Oversees the execution of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across geographies. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Resources accomplished PMs embedded in the work streams globally. May manage PM sourcing requests, coordinating screening of candidates and interview schedules.
- Collaborates with other program leaders/teams to ensure the standards development and implementation of current methodologies, tools and practices are leading edge and are consist within the assigned area.
- Partners closely with Finance to manage the budget utilization and forecasting. Ensues stakeholders are aware of budgetary compliance and/or incompliance and where issues/expenses have been escalated and/or decreased.
- Responsible for MarTech and CDP resource management by work stream. Leads, manages, mentors, coaches and evaluates direct reports; develops employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication of rules, constructive discipline, including but not limited to performing regular one-on-one performance management meetings and conducting performance evaluations. Builds employee morale, motivation and loyalty, aligned with overall CPMO goals.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in Global Marketing and Customer strategy that drives program delivery needs within OneIT.
- Will initially champion the creation of a “Global” Target Operating Model in close coordination with Global Marketing teams. Target Operating Model will include but not limited to Charter, Governance, Org Design, Processes and Technology Tools.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
A Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in technical program management OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in technical program management.
Certification in Agile Project Management as granted by recognized body OR Attainment of Agile Project Management Certification within one year of hire.
At least 5 years of experience in release and demand management
Experience with Adobe and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 platforms or similar is a plus
At least 5 years of experience facilitating meetings, group discussion, whiteboard sessions, etc. and leading discussions across the enterprise breaking down internal/external barriers
At least 4 years of experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
Experience implementing business process, protocols and best practices.
Experience managing a budget to plan.
At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
At least 2 years of experience leading and managing a Program / Project Management Office (PMO) and managing teams of 5 or more across business units