Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the design and maintenance of the different product strategies in the decision engine. Develops, tests and implements credit and operations strategies in their respective decision engines, using various data sources and operational processing systems.
Participate in developing, testing and implementing portfolio and collection strategies in their respective decision engines and using various data sources and operational processing systems
- Analyzes requirements documentation and works with business partners to ensure requirements are clear and complete. Conducts structured reviews with business partners on potential errors in requirements or omissions.
- Identifies inconsistencies between existing policies and new strategies. Incorporates new requirements into existing designs and processes.
- Conducts high level design walk-through sessions; identifies inconsistencies and change designs as necessary.
- Maintains project documentation to facilitate strategy tracking and test/control analysis. Designs and implements complex portfolio and new strategies accurately and within deadlines.
- Builds and executes unit test cases.
- Identifies, problem solves and track defects. Partners with business partners to resolve defects identified during testing. Ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with business partners to complete projects.
- Works with IT partners to ensure data availability, identify new and ongoing support to ensure availability of test regions.
- Ensures design and testing are complete and address all requirements. Ensures the Agile tools are used to update and track the progress of the task.
- Participating in the developmental and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle process; creating and reviewing test cases using FICO DMP; organizing, directing application development using Scrum and Agile software development process; utilizing technologies including FICO DMP, SQL and Java.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 2+ years of Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related experience
- In lieu of education experience, 6+ years of Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- 4+ years of Software Development, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Financial Services, Security, Digital, Fraud, or related experience
- FICO Blaze Advisor
- CICD Pipelines (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Financial Services experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.