Senior Manager - GPO (P2P) at Morningstar
Morningstar is looking for a Global Process Owner – P2P to join our global Finance team, which is focused on business partnership, innovation, automation, and process improvement. As the Global Process Owner – P2P, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and execution of the vision, mission, governance, and functional strategy for Morningstar’s global P2P processes. The role reports to Morningstar’s Global Process Owner - Finance and will provide value to the business by supporting and executing key P2P process optimization and transformation programs. The role requires the use of analytical skills to support the business in finding and capitalizing on opportunities to transform and help to drive the effective and efficient performance of the P2P process. This is a full-time position and can be based in a Morningstar office in the U.S. or Canada.
• Serve as the custodian and subject matter expert in Finance for the end-to-end P2P processes.
• Manage the execution of a strategy for the global P2P process, including associated governance, accounting, policies, procedures, internal controls, and technologies.
• Execute global deployment and adoption of the P2P processes with regional and local customization as needed.
• Establish and monitor key service level agreements (SLAs) and metrics in partnership with regional controllers, Procurement, and Finance Shared Services team.
• Build, lead and manage a GPO P2P team to facilitate the execution of the P2P process strategies.
• Develop and champion internal controls appropriate for a U.S. publicly traded company to achieve global harmonization for P2P, including control enhancements and efficiencies.
• Stay abreast of current accounting, business process trends, and leading practices occurring in the industry to inform strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Collaborate with Procurement and other key functions/stakeholders, upstream and downstream, on all implementation and enhancement initiatives to align and leverage cross-process opportunities with a focus on enhancing effectiveness and efficiency.
• Lead P2P operational steering committee (currently focused on Coupa processes and system governance) and P2P Oracle ERP production support prioritization.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen and excellent financial judgement in supporting the business by developing prioritization of P2P projects and improvement opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Breadth of knowledge of leading end to end P2P practices and processes with deep experience in the requisition to purchase order process, accounts payable supplier management, invoice processing and payments.
• Ability to manage the complexities of a global P2P function and lead by influence with finance, shared services, and non-finance stakeholders.
• Awareness that different business processes and requirements exist and will require harmonization.
• Ability to assess and articulate business requirements, analyze design options, coordinate testing and drive implementation.
• Experience with integration of new/acquired companies into acquiror P2P processes.
• Proven ability to build and foster relationships with team members, business leaders, shared services, and global accounting functions.
• Project management experience required.
• Forward thinking attitude with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the Accounting/Finance function for a multinational organization, including experience with shared service centers.
• A bachelor`s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting required, as well as Certified Public Accountant or equivalent accounting qualification is preferred.
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
• In-depth understanding of systems used within the P2P processes such as Coupa (Procurement System) and related modules (I.e. SIM - Supplier Information Module) and Oracle (ERP), Host to Host Banking Payment applications.
• Experience with RPA application and/or AI technologies within the P2P process desirable