Leads the technical H1 Cloud Migration and related Engineering strategy, planning, and implementation with insightful, forward-looking approaches that go beyond the immediate to solve large, open-ended problems.
Provides leadership and manages team(s) responsible for the daily execution activities of H1 Cloud Engineering. Accountable for the management of the H1 engineering team and work Identifies, evaluates and resolves business issues. Works to prioritize and resolve high-level, abstract problems across areas within H1 Cloud Modernization’s remit. Possesses extensive technical breadth. This role will also provide support for the build out, and unlocking of, platform service capabilities to be used for new offerings developed across the organization.
Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility.
- Leads the technical H1 Cloud Engineering strategy, planning, and implementation with insightful, forward-looking approaches that go beyond the immediate to solve large, open-ended problems
- Manages efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives for H1 Cloud Engineering. Ensures performance standards are conducive to program standards and all goals and objectives are met in a timely and organized fashion.
- Leads triage work and provides strategic support and guidance to delivery teams.
- Supports architectural changes through program lifecycle.
- Plans and manages technical changes, including approving change procedures, supporting maintenance activity. Serves as the escalation point for cloud platform issues, remediating issues, platform optimization, and facilitating effective project transitions from the Architecture team to the Engineering team.
- Interacts with a broad stakeholder community of partnerships including teams representing Analysis/Design, Product, Service Assurance, Security, & Compliance.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Defines and implements consistent key IT key performance indicators in order to enhance the operational focus of the IT department.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommends technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing cloud technologies.
- Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group. Anticipates process-centric, people-centric, and operations-centric ideas, issues and opportunities to move the business forward.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan and is responsible for meeting/delivering against budgetary goals and objectives.
- Makes recommendations for H1 Cloud Engineering regarding the operating plans, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT, the Infrastructure Operations field, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in IT, the Infrastructure Operations field, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience with cloud technologies and capabilities
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- At least 3+ years in working with Compute, Storage, Network Security, Infrastructure and Data Center and Cloud technologies
- Good mix in experience between traditional on-premises technologies (AIX, AS400, etc.) and cloud and/or automation technologies (PaaS services, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem and related technologies
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability