Senior Manager, Program Management
The Enterprise Technologies Finance Application Development and Data Operations team is looking for a Senior Project / Program Manager. In this role, you will work mange the deliverables and communications related to our Finance Modernization program.
This program is a multi-year, multi-team, multi project which will also integrate our Solution Implementation partner as we migrate core Accounting systems to a cloud based ERP and create a cloud based data lake for analytics and reporting. If you have experience consolidating multiple project plans, coordinating a large program, and are ready to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then this role is for you.
- Consolidate multiple project plans as part of an overall program related to the replacement of our General Ledger and interfaces.
- Project management responsibilities for portions of delivery by internal teams.
- Integration of project plans related to impacts of multiple SaaS vendors for inputs.
- Manage expectations and timings between internal efforts and our Solution Implementation partner.
- Provide management level status reporting and risks related to the program.
- Manage churn and change request for scope change and impacts to the program by other business areas and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to operate effectively in a collaborative/ team-oriented work environment
- 7 years of Project Management experience in a technology-based environment with experience implementing and integrating large scale SaaS solutions.
- Business Acumen – Strong knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, business processes and required capabilities
- Financial Acumen – Solid understanding of financial management practices for project delivery in iterative execution environments
- Technology Acumen – Identify enhancement opportunities and translate opportunities into requirements for design and development
- Communication and Presence – Ability to communicate with senior business and technology stakeholders
- Consulting / Strategy Experience – Ability to distill complexity and formulate processes and business metrics that can be understood and implemented
- Delivery Governance Experience – Demonstrated leadership related to interconnected efforts to achieve business goals
- Ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- At least 3 years of experience in a technology lead analyst position
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification
- Prior experience managing SaaS implementations and application development
- Knowledge of Finance practices
- Familiarity with Atlassian products (Jira, Jira Portfolio, etc.)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.