Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships at Walgreens
As a Senior Manager- Strategic Partnerships, you'll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to managers and associates. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You'll work closely with H3 Product, Engineering, Legal and cross-functional teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships that support the H3 business.
This role will require you work cross-functionally to deliver strategy recommendations for products and evangelize the value of Walgreen’s healthcare products and their ongoing capabilities. In addition, you will contribute to planning and operational management for the product portfolio, track and report on product progress, work closely with product team to resolve issues impacting performance, and serve as a primary point of contact for partners.
You will support ongoing and product development and commercialization efforts. You will develop strategies that enable our healthcare business to scale and develop relationships with partners including, but not limited to, health systems, insurers, health tech startups and device manufacturers that are key for commercialization initiatives.
You will structure, develop, and manage custom agreements for initiatives to formalize relationships with partners. Additionally, you will help unblock teams, working cross-functionally, and provide mentorship to a broad set of roles inside and outside of your team.
- Creates partnership strategy based upon best practices for product type.
- Works cross-functionally to deliver strategy recommendations for products. Evangelizes the value of Walgreen’s healthcare products and their ongoing capabilities.
- Contributes to planning and operational management for the product portfolio. Tracks and reports on product progress, working closely with product team to resolve issues impacting performance, and serving as a point of contact for partners needing information, advice, or other technical assistance.
- Establishes and maintain strong direct relationships with H3’s strategic partners. Prospects and builds pipelines to generate, close and manage sustainable partnerships. Establishes an identity as the principal and accountable internal interface to strategic partners.
- Leads communications, develops and grows strategic partnerships in a proactive manner, implements, and launches and coordinates the deployment/integrations and execution discussions with partners to understand priorities, assess business performance and expedite issue resolution.
- Maintains a pulse on partner feedback, provides prompt and proper resolution of project, business, and technical challenges, and provides meaningful feedback to respective H3 teams to improve the user experience.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports on milestones/metrics, summarizing partner support metrics.
- Utilizes data to independently and proactively optimize existing processes. Develops new processes and infrastructure to improve internal efficiency, partner satisfaction and product experience.
- Handles partnerships requests
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for strategic partnerships. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- May manage direct reports.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in a business development role at a consumer/tech, insurance, hospital, or medical device company
- Experience creating strategies and/or operational plans to support commercialization
- Experience working with globally distributed stakeholders and building partnerships
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization, including executives.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 5-8 years of Experience
- MBA or other advanced degree (JD, MD, PhD, etc)
- Experience building collaborative relationships with a variety of teams and job functions including Product Management, Legal, and Eng.
- Experience utilizing organizational and project management skills to set goals and prioritize many initiatives and opportunities with minimal guidance.
- Experience utilizing written and verbal communication skills for interaction with peers and cross-functional teams.