Senior Manager – Technology Innovation
Who we are
We are the Global Technology Development team. We are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team of technologists that puts McDonald's solutions in the hands of customers and crew. Our technology powers 71 million orders in 120 countries across the globe every single day – serving 1% of the total global population. We are passionate leaders, who leverage technology to create a better and more innovative McDonald’s.
The Technology Innovation Team is at the center of all McDonald’s key innovation initiatives. The team acts as hands-on SMEs on McDonald’s existing technology but also plays a key role in partnering with outside vendors to bring new technologies and ideas to life. Some of the key roles for this team include:
· Provide technology oversight and facilitate innovation strategies
· Oversee team of employee and consultant Analysts, whom are responsible for ensuring McDonald’s requirements are being captured and met.
· Working closely with 3rd party vendors to iterate through solution design and development
· Lead and manage demo, test, and pilot activities for innovation solution.
· Bachelor's Degree is required
· Proven skills and experience in leading software activities 2+ YEARS
· A strong understanding of software architecture and software engineering practices 5+ YEARS
· Preferred: Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Understanding of both on premise and cloud-based software solutions and deployment considerations
· Desire and capacity to become a deep expert on product capabilities
· Self-driven leader who actively works to improve and create strong processes to ensure successful partnership and execution
· Ability to contribute and build cohesive relationships in large, cross-functional teams
· Experience managing diverse group of direct reports, ranging in experience and tenure.
· Proven technical aptitude
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, ambiguous environment
· Ability to successfully balance multiple, competing priorities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise way, ensuring the stakeholders are well informed and can make appropriate decisions
· Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, and team-working
Education & Certificates
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
McDonald’s Technology Innovation Team is looking for a Senior Manager, focused on customer and crew-facing technology. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for acting as a primary contact for several innovation work streams that are currently in flight. You will help the team navigate fast-paced and ambiguous technological challenges by understanding McDonald’s business requirements, evaluating solutions being presented, and providing input on which solution is best suited for our customer and crew. You will also play a key role in bringing innovation solutions to life in our restaurant by understanding deployment constraints/challenges, validating testing approaches, and ensure solutions are ready for deployment.