Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Industry Relations team is the organization trusted to fulfill leadership positions in Industry Bodies and direct the participation of subject matter experts across Discover Global Network. As part of the Innovation and Emerging Products organization, its remit includes current payment products as well as emerging technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for managing research and analysis of industry trends across payments ecosystem to make recommendations aligned with development of DGN’s strategic product roadmap.
- Manages strategy of Discover's participation within industries related to payments, commerce and emerging technologies.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage strategy execution to build alliances and represent Discover at senior levels within industries/industry bodies related to payments, commerce and emerging technologies. Industry Bodies may include technical Standards / Specifications groups such as EMVCo, FIDO, W3C & FDX as well as trade bodies and membership organizations such as the Mobey Forum and the Emerging Payments Association.
- Conduct market research and analysis of industry developments to identify implications and opportunities.
- Lead scenario development & related responses.
- Manage analysis of complex issues to define a balanced external position.
- Facilitate and influence subject matter experts and extended cross-department staff in strategic assessment of industry developments and proposed changes.
- As a senior member of the industry relations team, provide strategic insight on how industry body participation is evaluated and adjusted to meet the organizations need.
- Support the development and execution of an Internal Engagement Strategy ensuring industry developments are effectively communicated across internal teams, including Product, Legal, Government Relations and regional teams.
- Global Travel will be expected as COVID-related travel restrictions are relaxed (~50%).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Social Sciences or related field
- 6+ years of experience with Technical Product Management or Related
- 6+ years of experience with Key payments standards and specifications in the areas of chip, authentication, data, IoT, and others
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience with Technical Product Management or Related; 12+ years of experience with Key payments standards and specifications in the areas of chip, authentication, data, IoT, and others
Bonus Points If You Have
- Prior experience working in a global environment
- 6+ years of payment services/network experience
- Previous experience working at a Global Payment network
- Strong communicator, able to relate technical developments into business impacts and communicate these to senior leadership.
- Strong influencing skills; able to influence internally and externally, often in open industry environments.
- Previous experience in a senior role at a global industry body.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.