Senior Program Manager- Enterprise
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior level Program Manager to oversee the execution of large, complex programs across multiple teams, functions, and departments. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate and track individual projects, programs and initiatives that support company strategic plans and product/services roadmap to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement, and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Lead Security and Compliance related projects, working closely with various technology delivery teams, auditors and security departments to ensure proper audit reporting and compliance adherence.
- Oversee planning of projects, programs, and initiatives ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices. Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on a budget, to the scope, and with quality. Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects, programs, and initiatives, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Be a true “servant-leader” and support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues informing product delivery of the action plans for addressing those issues.
- Prepare and present regular status updates for the initiative, including roadmaps, project timelines, and action plans.
- Assist with the process transformation across multiple departments of a large scale technology organization to become a collaborative, people-focused and KPI-driven agile organization.
- Work cross-departmentally with our partners in Operations, aligning on roadmap dependencies in the end-to-end execution of our joint programs.
- Partner with Finance to align on process improvements, including capital accounting procedures and budgeting.
You Should Have
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- Critical thinking: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.
- Must be a solutions enabler that can understand business requirements and work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to arrive at solutions.
- 5 + years of experience as a Program Manager within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Willing to travel 50% of the time to Boston
- Experience in a software QA team as a manager with exposure to automation
- Experience working with Security and Compliance related projects, including PCI and SOX Compliance and regular audits.
- Sufficient technical background to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and bonus points if you come from an engineering background.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, with public speaking expertise presenting at meetups and conferences.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.