Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Two types of talent offer their services through Upwork -- individual freelancers and contractors, and Agencies that do team-based, large project work. Agencies are professional service firms ranging from boutique design studios to large software development firms.
You will be responsible for ensuring that Upwork has a strong supply of Agencies to fulfill and grow demand for high-value projects, with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 enterprises. Working with cross-functional partners in Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations, you will work to activate, grow, and retain the best professional service firms. You will lead the end-to-end management of talent programs that identify, distinguish, and promote the best agencies that work with top clients. You'll be a member of the Freelancer & Agency Success team -- we are dedicated to helping great talent build their businesses and earn more. Sound exciting?
- Become the authority on Agency supply health to direct program design and recruiting efforts
- Segment and prioritize Agencies based on their value contribution and needs of the business
- Gather input on client demand from internal partners to inform supply priorities
- Lead the “Premium Agency” program and develop “Rising Talent” and “Top Rated” programs, designed to engage and distinguish top Agencies
- Develop program vetting process and qualification criteria, and identify perks to motivate Agencies
- Partner with Analytics to evaluate impact; monitor and report results
- Advise Sales teams on how to best position Agencies to generate demand
- Partner with Product to build a strong Agency acquisition funnel and improve the user experience
- Partner with Marketing to improve Agency merchandising and promotion
- Lead a team to accelerate these initiatives, including an Agency Acquisition & Relationships Manager and Agency Program Coordinator
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You have a track-record of leading projects end-to-end -- establishing goals, developing project plans, influencing others to act and holding them accountable for results
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Program/Project Management, Business Development, Sales/Account Management or Management Consulting
- Experience working at professional agencies/services firms or staffing firms
What it takes to knock our socks off:
- You're a strong leader with success driving cross-functional initiatives
- You have a sense of urgency, initiative, and persistence
- You love variety, you're excited by change; you enjoy experimentation
- You find opportunities to impact metrics, evaluate and prioritize approaches, and take ideas from concept to execution
- You have strong analytical skills; you're able to analyze quantitative data and generate actionable insights
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel; proficiency in SQL is a bonus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.