Senior Program Manager, Government
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As Senior Program Manager, Government on the Implementation & Delivery team, you will be responsible for leading the program and project management team, refining and implementing the latest best practices to increase efficiency and consistency of engagements, and leading strategy for all government engagements. This role requires a deep understanding of relationship dynamics, strong process development and adherence, and proven expertise in program and project management. As Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for engaging with a wide variety of teams to ensure successful and on-time delivery and execution of customer commitments. This role is accountable for working closely with the Pre-Sales and Sales organization to help convert and grow government customers. This individual is intellectually curious, has excellent communication and writing skills, and has a strong willingness to learn and apply knowledge creatively.
- Manage all government customer engagements
- Manage all project milestones to deliver project on time and on budget
- Act as key customer point of contact throughout engagement
- Ensure seamless operations, identifying internal and external blockers and working with relevant groups to remove those blockers
- Identify and manage projects risks and address them before they become blockers
- Define and maintain stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate between Uptake’s functional team leads with Customer Success teams, customer stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects
- Effectively work with Uptake technical teams, including engineers and data scientists, to understand Uptake products and technology
- Coordinate with work stream owners to ensure needs and expectations are communicated appropriately to other Uptake teams and customer
- Responsible for the successful completion of all milestones
- Provide project updates via creation of communications materials, dashboards and reports
- Responsible for managing all assigned project KPIs and measurement of those targets and KPIs
- 10+ years of experience in project/program management, consulting, product, implementation or other customer-focused role
- Experience working with the government
- Demonstrated experience managing complex relationships and projects, mediating disputes and negotiating resolution to difficult problems
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be hands-on and flexible
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, leading and execution to contribute to program consistency
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Experience in a SaaS or enterprise software environment
- Experience working with Fortune 100 industrial companies
- Project management certification
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.