Senior Program Manager at Morningstar (Chicago, IL)
The Role: We are seeking an experienced Senior Level Program Manager to join our fast-paced Marketing organization. You will work closely with many senior leaders across the Marketing organization, including Brand, Communications, Events, Design and Product.
This role will define and implement a common Program Management Framework that scales across decentralized business units, including best-practice implementation of project plan management, resource coordination, initial implementation activities, and all governance associated with program rollout.
This role will create and deploy a consistent process and workflow by which Morningstar stakeholders outside of Global Marketing and Communications can engage for marketing and communications services. It will enable stakeholders to request, prioritize and execute for support across the marketing organization, which could include: portfolio marketing, digital brand experience, live events and experiences, design, social media, and corporate communications and/or public relations.
The position will work closely with the workstream leaders to prioritize key initiatives; develop project plans to outline implementation tasks; and establish consistent monitoring practices to measure progress towards those objectives. It will also work closely with Senior Marketing colleagues during these projects.
This position reports to the Head of Experiential Marketing.
- Creating the "first stop" interface/overlay for engagement with any central marketing discipline, including the appropriate standardized intake and processes that help determine resource needs, timelines, and decision-making processes.
- Leveraging corporate technology solutions to create consistency of project inputs, management, and reporting across the Global Marketing and Communications organization.
- Establishing the foundational toolkit, training, and skillset growth necessary for teams to follow a common project management discipline independently
- Ensure the program strategy, rationale and connection to 'Objectives and Key Results' are transparent and well defined.
- Assist project owners in articulating and documenting each initiative's short and long-term goals, key milestones and detailed tasks, progress to goal, issues being encountered and potential solutions.
- Assist teams in the development and implementation of dashboards to monitor and track key metrics.
- 5+ years experience as a Program Manager.
- Strong working knowledge of Project Management methodologies, including agile.
- Proficiency with digital systems, events, Marketing products and/or technologies.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems.
- An ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes, and the ability to deliver against lofty goals on time.
- Excellent collaboration, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive outlook with the passion for making things better at every opportunity.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity