Senior Program/Project Manager at ServiceNow
Job Title: Senior Program/Project Manager
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Pete O’Hara
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Responsible for taking company-wide, mission critical IT projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Ensure adherence to processes, quality standards and deliverables so that your projects are delivered with machine-like predictability.
- Provide transparent communication and interfaces with all areas affected by the program/project including cross-functional stakeholders, business sponsors and vendors – and people will appreciate your honest, forthright communication.
- Employee development and opportunities are essential at Service Now. You’ll develop detailed program/project execution plan and manages all implementation processes including budget management, resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints, and quickly establish yourself as a go-to leader within IT.
- Do the right thing! You’ll represent ServiceNow across organizations with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to corporate access and level of responsibility.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum 6 years in very recent project / program management experience with at least 4 years of that dedicated to running large IT projects.
- Should demonstrate ability to quickly pick up on technology – you may not be an expert on Cloud migration or the latest generations of SW-based firewalls, but you are able to quickly pick up enough to motivate any technical project in IT.
- Extraordinary attention to detail in the day-to-day project management activities required to deliver at scale.
- Fantastic skills with stakeholder engagement at all levels of an organization – someone who can communicate equally as effectively to a core project team and C-Suite executives
- Proven experience in managing multiple large projects (agile and waterfall) in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated expertise interfacing with development teams and product owners
- Solid experience in decision making and negotiations, risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, conflict / resolution management, active listening, time management, and interpersonal skills required.
- Should demonstrate consistent ability to guide cross-functional teams and deliver solutions while mitigating or removing hurdles / obstacles.
- Passion for learning and using the platform of the world’s most innovative company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS) or related field
- ITIL Certification or minimum 5 years working experience using ITIL SM is a plus
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology a plus
- PMP certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of Service Now PPM platform is preferred.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals proficient on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.