Senior Project Manager of Business Planning
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois.
Camelot's innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Senior Project Manager of Business Planning will be responsible for leading for all business planning activity. This includes leading our annual planning process and ongoing business planning throughout the year, acting as a point of contact with the State Lottery Director and Team, as well as the Camelot Illinois senior management. This is a key strategic role within the business, building on the diverse range of skills and experience of the existing staff.
- Work with subject matter experts within Camelot Illinois team as well as Camelot Global, to craft a comprehensive and integrated business plans to generate over $2.5 billion revenue.
- Implement and follow through on high level initiatives including the IL state submission requirements for the plans which are grounded in detailed financial forecasts.
- Present plans to Illinois state leaders and ensure the annual business plans are understood and approved.
- Manage state expectations on an ongoing basis and providing regular progress updates on the business plan implementations.
- Ensure that internal senior stakeholders from Camelot (Illinois and Global) are appropriately kept informed.
- Build and strengthen critically important relationships with the Illinois Lottery Director and Team.
- Support the General Manager by owning planning relationship with internal and external clients.
- Ensure extensive process, governance and controls are in place and followed.
- Formulate resource plans to support the delivery of the business plans.
- Work with the commercial finance team to shape forecasts and revenue budgets relating to the business plans.
- Lead internal meetings to review actual business plans with our current and future directions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 8 plus years relevant project management and/or business operations/management working experience.
- 4 plus years experience working with business strategy and planning.
- Experience planning and implementing across multiple functional areas (Sales, Marketing, Tech, Finance, etc...).
- Prior commercial (business-to-business) contract and SLA management and implementation.
- Skilled relationship manager with an ability to work with senior internal and external management teams.
- Client management experience demonstrating a collaborative style with and ability to be influential across the business.
- Proven ability to manage workload, budgets and project coordination
- Strong analytical skills and rich experience with financial forecasting, creating revenue assumptions and bridges.
- MBA, JD or similar Masters degree.
- Experience working for a management consultancy organization.
- Prior experience working with local, state or other government related organizations.
- Highly successful communicator: Powerful writing and presentation skills, as well as a proven ability to influence others.
- Large scale resource planning: Comfortable shaping resource requirements that ensures successful delivery.
- A professional, credible and measured demeanor.
- Engaging, influential, dynamic and authoritative.
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.