The Team: The Corporate Systems team is responsible for supporting platforms used by Morningstar employees worldwide. We provide support for platforms used by Marketing, Sales, Client Service, Finance and Product teams and enhance processes and systems for operational efficiencies.
• The Marketing Senior Project Manager’s primary role is to work with cross-functional stakeholders to drive implementation of marketing automation, business architecture and data flows.
• While this position will focus primarily on supporting our email communication platforms, projects and initiatives in that space, the role also involves interfacing with Sales and Product teams using our primary CRM applications for improved integration between them.
• The Senior Project Manager is expected to act as an advisor to our internal stakeholders while managing projects to implement comprehensive marketing strategies. They should be able to implement marketing and external email communication initiatives across multiple platforms organizing and planning towards targeted solutions for system and process improvement.
• The Senior Project Manager is expected to be a subject matter expert in major marketing technologies and have exhaustive knowledge on marketing methodologies and trends. They should be able to proactively work with our advisory partners Gartner and other resources to help plan roadmaps for Marketing.
• The Senior Project Manager is expected to architect solutions in Eloqua, Sendgrid and Salesforce along with designing end state and assess implementation feasibilities for feature requests and initiatives. They will leverage their knowledge of marketing platforms to work with Morningstar business and Corporate IT technical resources to identify and document detailed requirements, architect solutions, design and drive completion of initiatives making sure overall usability of the system is improved.
• Work closely with stakeholders from the business to drive prioritization of feature requests and initiatives in Eloqua, Sendgrid and integrating systems, reporting tools.
• Work closely stakeholders from the business and Corporate Systems technical team to architect technology solutions needed to drive alignment of business needs and lead discussions to arrive at mutually agreeable solution options.
• Drive discussions to identify and translate business requirements and effectively demonstrate solutions that address customer requirements and align with their business strategy and goals.
• Organize, manage and oversee projects and initiatives in the Marketing and email communication space working with stakeholders across the organization.
• Partner with stakeholders to plan for detailed testing, deployment and adoption of system and process improvements.
• Establish governance processes for use of email communication platforms and help drive usage and adoption while ensuring we track to our contractual obligations with vendors.
• Establish and maintain regulatory and compliance requirements across marketing platforms supported by Corporate Systems.
• Work with developers to design and implement solutions within Eloqua, Sendgrid and integrating platforms to meet business requirements while incorporating standardization and industry best practices.
• Implement best practices around database and data hygiene
• Take ownership of solutions and responsibility over translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
• Work independently as needed to resolve issues within Marketing platforms and advise users on standards and best practices.
• Proactively work on identifying and defining roadmaps for Marketing technologies.
• Build trusted relationships with internal clients and Corporate Systems technology leads to ensure our commitment towards delivery and service levels.
• Minimum of 5 years of marketing automation and platform management with Eloqua and Sendgrid. Certification preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Eloqua platform features and functionalities including program builder, custom data objects, data upload mechanisms, data analysis etc.
• Advanced knowledge of integrations between Eloqua, Salesforce and other third-party vendors.
• Advanced knowledge of Eloqua data models and APIs
• Experience with solution design and implementation of changes within Eloqua.
• Understanding of key Marketing business and architectural concepts.
• Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business requirements and identify solution options.
• Project Management experience with focus on design, facilitating development, testing and delivery.
• Ability to facilitate complex discussions
• Ability to manage multiple priorities across cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management across the organization.