Senior Project Manager, Global Operations
Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your Project Management skills in a global organization?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Senior Project Manager, Global Operations handles operational implementation projects for new process, technology, and service improvement implementations, coordinating the efforts across Global Service departments. You will lead the end-to-end implementation process all while meeting deadlines and maintaining quality standards. In this role, you will identify and mitigate project risks and make sure project participants receive timely and accurate communications regarding the status of their project. Everyone loves a good update. As the department's point of contact during the project's life cycle, our Senior Project Manager will create a positive experience, maintain project scope, and verify that project deliverables are met; potentially across multiple projects at one time.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Lead cross-functional project teams with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of core business processes globally
- You will lead the organization, prioritization, and optimization of continuous improvement activities by utilizing core process wheels, project tracking tools, and financial improvement models
- Handle multiple partners who are geographically dispersed to drive program objectives, ensure scope and approach are understood across the community.
- Support the PMO by providing implementation support for process and platforms across multiple international markets, calling out risks and issues as appropriate.
- You will provide technical / functional consultancy to partners across the business
- Provide recommendations on resource optimization by suggesting alternative resource options and advance any resource capacity risks that may affect delivery priorities
- You will use reporting tools to monitor the progress of the portfolio delivery and ensure timely and effective communication of the status and assessment of risks/issues.
- Oversee quality assurance and ensure appropriate levels of end-to-end testing are undertaken
- Recognize and tackle problems quickly and intensify as appropriate
- Drive standard methodologies and overall delivery excellence
- 3+ years project management experience with complete understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with project management software
- Ability to troubleshoot, document and communicate issues
- You can translate customer issues into specifications
- You have excellent time management skills, the ability to multitask, and propensity to handle roadblocks with poise and professionalism
- Strong understanding of solution development life cycle and various methodologies like Agile, Extreme programming, and Waterfall etc.
- Experience in a customer-facing service role requiring a high level of individual responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in cross functional, global teams
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.