About the Role
The transportation & logistics industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creative solutions to operate and scale efficiently. The Senior Project Manager will guide both Mastery & Customer cross functional teams from project initiation through go-live ensuring business operations transition smoothly and core business objectives are met. Along with managing day to day tasks, overall plan, important communication, risks, and escalations this position is accountable for keeping the stakeholders and project team aligned, grounded, and informed through the various phases of the implementation process. As project process champions Senior Project Managers drive and support initiatives that reduce inefficiency and improve clarity, ownership, and collaboration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the Mastery brand & values during all client interactions
- Goal Setting & Tracking: Ensure Project goals, objectives & key success metrics are understood & agreed upon
- Stakeholder Management: Define project stakeholders as well as manage and monitor changes to engagement levels
- Resource Management: Identify and continuously manage project resources, constraints, and capacity. Work with managers to creatively solution and address capacity issues that risk or potentially impact project deliverables and success.
- Scope Management: Work with project team members and stakeholders to define project scope. Manage changes to scope through change process.
- Planning & Scheduling: Progressively elaborate and develop plans and schedules that balance resource, time, scope and quality constraints, customer needs and desired outcomes.
- Risk Management: Work proactively and collaboratively with the implementation, solutions, and customer success teams to outline risk mitigation, avoidance, and contingency plans.
- Change Management & Communication: Ensure changes are led through the change management process & all key decision makers are included in the appropriate change decisions. Capture, communicate & track key decisions
- Escalation & Issue Management: Support the resolution of issues through problem solving, identification of necessary resources, and escalation
- Conflict Management: Empower and encourage team members to work together through conflict and difficult discussions. Escalate when necessary
- Teamwork: Be an agent of change, inspiring a shared responsibility to solve new challenges and unforeseen blockers or hurdles
- Team Development: Identify gaps in knowledge that impact project delivery and success. Work with managers and team members on creative learning & support plans
- Collaboration: Encourage collaborative, open, and respectful communication across teams
- Continuous Improvement: Support & champion project implementation best practices through the integration of lessons learned with current or future process
- Accountability & Autonomy: Inspire team member autonomy and ownership through clear delegation of project tasks, task status communication expectations & task delivery
- Dependency Management: Identify, manage, track & communicate cross team task & deliverable dependencies utilizing Mastery project management tools & reporting for visibility
- PM Tool Learning: Develop and maintain expertise of Mastery’s project management tools. Encourage team use & learning of tool when applicable
- Project Health Tracking: Measure project performance and health against key performance metrics
- Project Communication Management: Develop, manage and maintain project communication plan ensuring all stakeholder informational needs are met continuously throughout the project lifecycle
- Project & Go-Live Success: Ensure definition of, tracking of and reporting on project success criteria, go live readiness criteria & go-live success criteria. Identify, manage, track, communicate and escalate blockers or hurdles for success
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience
- 8-10 years of project management experience
- Self-motivated, driven, and assertive
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skill
- Enterprise software implementation experience required
- Excellent teamwork and team building
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn all facets of the logistics industry and Mastery software functionality
- PMI PMP Certification
- Transportation industry experience a plus
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!