Senior Project Manager - POS & Kiosk Business Requirements at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
We are the US Technology Team. We are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team of technologists that puts McDonald's solutions in the hands of customers and crew. Our technology powers 30+ million orders every single day – serving almost 10% of the US population daily! We are hardworking leaders, who use technology to build a better and more innovative McDonald’s. We are technical and functional guides that are accountable to ensure that features are developed and delivered with high quality and meet US business needs and expectations.
We are looking for a Sr. Project Manager to lead the next evolution of our POS & Kiosk Business Requirements team that includes McDonald’s and third party team members. To be successful the Sr. Project Manager must develop positive relationships with the POS & Kiosk product owners, development teams, and business partners.
- Define and communicate strategic vision for business requirements team
- Lead and provide coaching to business requirements team members including third party resources
- Partner with product owners and development teams to evolve requirements processes to be more flexible, achieve greater alignment, and continuously groom backlog items
- Influence global product owners and development teams to ensure US specific requirements are considered during new feature planning and development
- Partner with Operations, Marketing, and Legal stakeholders to ensure business expectations are being achieved
- Understand the value and integrated nature of the various products necessary to deliver features and capabilities
- Elicit, assess, and author business/functional requirements from various partners
- Author requirements/user stories and solutions in support of exciting capabilities
- Lead demos and showcase new features to critical partners
- Validate that requirements are being met in technical designs
- Create and maintain documentation pertaining to product features and work processes while adhering to established standards
- Remain current on Business Analysis practices, techniques, and tools
- Follow-up with internal clients about completed tasks to ensure client satisfaction.
- Translate technical information into business-focused, contextual deliverables
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Business/Technical Analyst eliciting/defining requirements, designing systems solutions, and leading business requirements
- 1+ years of experience with requirements management or change management systems (i.e Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with agile development methodologies
- Proactive, self-motivated, self-starter, and team player
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline is highly desired
- Experience working in McDonald's restaurants or equivalent QSRs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.